Monday, July 28, 2008

Jonas' First Day Of Kindergarten

Five minutes after Jonas woke up for his first day of kindergarten. Arriving at Lanesville Elementary School. Mrs. Schigur helping Jonas find his seat. Jonas scowling when he found out he was not sitting at Felix and Ben's table. All better now.....he accepted his new seat and began coloring a paper.
Jonas started kindergarten today at Lanesville Elementary School. They are on the all year round school schedule so he started earlier than most schools. His teacher's name is Mrs. Schigur and she is very nice. Jonas knows several kids in his class from preschool at St. Johns and also baseball. He was very excited to arrive at school and then walk into his classroom. However, when he saw he would not be sitting at a table with any of his buddies, but with kids he did not know, he did get a bit of a scowl on his face. However, he quickly settled in and started to color a paper that was at his table. Now, he really did not pay much attention to me once we walked into his classroom, so Josie and I just stood back and watched him for a few minutes. When we started to walk out, Jonas looked up and smiled big and waived bye to us. I did not cry, Jonas did not cry, BUT.......Josie did cry as we walked out the door saying, "my bubby, my bubby". It was sad but cute. I have butterflies in my stomach, but I guess that is to be expected. Daddy has already called home to check on the morning. Now, I just can't wait to pick him up and ask him about his first day in kindergarten. My baby boy is growing up!!!!

2 comments:

The Powers Bunch said...

Where does the time go? I had tears in my eyes when looking at the pix! He is such a big boy...I can't wait to hear all about the first day! We love you, Jonas!

mamo said...

Tonya and Sam,
Boy this seems like a "flash from the past." Unfortunatly the days (years) will fly from here on out, enjoy them all. Jonas is such a little man, what a doll...Josie too. You are blessed.
Love,
Mamo Christy